Our volunteers have tremendous impact on the health and well-being of older adults and adults with disabilities here in Stephenson County. Volunteering with flexible hours at SRC can be a rewarding and heartfelt way of giving back to the community according to your special abilities.
Take a look at the complete list of volunteer opportunities below to envision what role you could have as a valued SRC volunteer. Specific training in our services is provided by our administrative staff and you will enjoy joining our family of volunteers here at the Senior Resource Center. You can apply online for a position by going to the Volunteer link on this page which provides current openings.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- To be treated as co-workers.
- To be given suitable assignments.
- To have a job description.
- To participate in decisions affecting assignments.
- To receive appropriate training.
- To be evaluated and to evaluate your experience.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM VOLUNTEERS:
- To be committed to your assignment and policies
- Attendance at training meetings
Including but not limited to the following
Income Tax Assistants
Activity/Program & Special Event Assistants
SHIP – Senior Health Insurance Program Counselors
Personal Money Managers
For information or to volunteer:
Call Senior Center 1-800-424-6696 or 1-815-235-9777 and ask
for Stacy Kutz-Deline, Volunteer Coordinator.
For Money Management ask for Kristina Daniels,
Money Management Coordinator